Monday, February 25, 2008

i'm writing to you in hour i yearn the most. no way to hear, see, or shout out to you. it's been a while since i've heard the odyssey that is your voice. i call out at you; you can't hear me. i reach out to touch you; you can't feel me. an emptiness in my stomach creeps up. i try to fight it away...lives thrown in the air, shuffled about; no idea where they'll land. this lump in my throat won't go away. to detach myself from what i've only known is to lose a bit of who i am. i feel that the piece gone is only one of many i've dropped along the way. in this i find comfort: knowing i've done this before. a piece of me is left everywhere i go. it doesn't hurt much anymore. the pain has lost the sting; the feeling remains the same...the emptiness comes around again and i miss you...

No comments: